Skip to Main Content
The social work student is responsible for:
- Maintaining a learning environment that respects diversity and all
participants in the learning experience.
- Being open to new ideas and interpretations of research.
- Actively engaging and participating in the learning process. This
includes being prepared for class in his/her readings, turning
assignments in on time and attending class.
- Mastering course content and demonstrating this mastery.
- Seeking assistance as needed (example: developing writing skills by
using the services of the Writing Center).
- Asking why the faculty is doing something (example: lecture, essay test,
groups), as students should expect teaching with intentionality.
- Doing more than memorization of material and to continually be
developing critical thinking skills.
- Striving to achieve advanced learning and applying knowledge to his/her