Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships. Before beginning a scholarship search, please
read this scam alert from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Custom Furniture Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December
- Custom Jewelry Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December
- Drug Reporter Disability Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship to help a student who has overcome physical and
learning disabilities in the quest to attend law school. To be eligible, the student must be accepted at or attending a 4-year college program
or accepted at or attending law school within the U.S. All candidates must have a medically-documented physical disability or learning disability,
verified by a doctor. Deadline is December 31, 2015.
- GoodCall Scholarship—a $2,500 scholarship that is open to all undergraduate and graduate students.
The deadline is July 31, 2015. Students should write a 400-500 word personal statement detailing an important decision they've made in their
life. This award is also open in the Fall / Winter timeframe with a December 31 deadline. Students can apply for this scholarship at
- Learn.org—academic scholarships ranging from $500 - $1,000 for students
looking to pursue degrees in various areas, including nursing and medical assisting, art and design, computer technology and information systems,
social sciences, business, communications and journalism, information systems and technology management, psychology and counseling, and
education and teaching. Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Deadline is April 1, 2016.
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship—a $4,000 scholarship to be awarded to a student whose life has been impacted
by cancer (not limited to mesothelioma). The deadline for the spring 2016 award is December 1, 2015.
- Mesothelioma Center Scholarship Essay Contest—scholarships for students who bring
awareness to asbestos-related cancers
- Shear Comfort Scholarship—a $1,500.00 scholarship for a student enrolled either in an engineering program
related to the development of vehicles (mechanical engineering, automotive, aerospace, production, electrical, etc.), Automotive Technology,
or a similar program related to the automotive industry at an accredited college or university in Canada or the United States. Two scholarships are awarded per year. Deadline for fall semester 2015 scholarship is October 15. Deadline for spring semester 2016 scholarship is April 15.
- Store Coach eCommerce Entrepreneur Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship to help fund students who are interested in successfully
running their own online businesses in the future. To be eligible, students must be enrolled full or part time at an accredited university during
the 2015-2016 school year. Deadline is December 1, 2015.