Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Indiana State University has provided thirty-one (31) Print Release Stations for student printing. To use the printers, students need to install the printing software on their laptop. Once the software is installed, two new printers appear in the printer list, "Student_BW" and "Student_Color". Files can be sent to these printers in the same way as standard printers, however print jobs will be held in the queue until the student visits one of the thirty-one (31) Print Release Stations and instructs the machine to print the job.
Install the Printing Software
The software is available at
http://downloads.indstate.edu. Click under the "Printers" section in the list of links on the left side of the page, then select the package you need: Windows or Macintosh.
How to Use the Printers From your laptop
- Install the software on your laptop
- Print a document or file from your laptop as normal. In the dialog
box that opens, select either the "Student_BW" ($0.03/page) or "Student_Color"
($0.15/page) print queue in the Printer Name drop down box. The cost
will be deducted from your print account when the job is printed.
- A pop-up dialog box will appear. Enter your Sycamore
ID username. (Ex: asmith22, ylin14). The document or file you printed
will now be in the print queue and available for printing.
- Visit one of the Print Release Stations. All printers are color and black and white capable. Swipe your card located on the right side of the printer or enter your University Username and password on the printer touchscreen. A list of documents or files you have sent to the print queue (steps 2 and 3) will appear.
- Select the job(s) that you want to print, verify the cost information located in the bottom left corner, and click the "Print" button. (Jobs held in the queue will be deleted automatically after 24-hours. There is no charge for any job that is not printed.)
- Wait for the files to print, and remove them from the output tray.
Lines may form at printers, especially at high demand times between classes. Please take this into consideration if you are planning to print something in a rush before class!
Printers are located in academic buildings, residence halls, and common use buildings like the Library and HMSU. Look for the large blue signs that say "Student Printing Station”. A detailed location of printer locations can be found at: http://www.indstate.edu/oit/students/printerlocations.php.
How to Use the Printers From your Phone or Mobile device
ISU is one of the first in the State and one of a select few in the country to offer printing from a mobile device. Students now have the additional option to print from a smartphone, iPad or tablet to one of thirty-one (31) conveniently located printers around campus. To use the new service follow the instructions below:
- From a mobile device send an email with the document attached to either email@example.com for black and white printing or to firstname.lastname@example.org for color printing. Hint: In order to print just the attachment, remove any text from the body of the email. This would include signatures and device signatures (Sent from an Android Device, Sent from my iPhone, etc.). Any items in the body of the email will show up as an additional print job.
- After about two minutes, depending on the size or number of documents, you will receive a reply email from ISU-MobilePrint showing a list of the documents ready for release.
- Simply visit any of the thirty-one (31) printers and swipe your ID card or log in using your University Username and password.
- The terminal will show your list of print jobs that you can print.
Most of the more popular file formats are supported such as:
- Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx)
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Internet and E-Mail Formats (.html, .htm, .mht, and .eml)
- Text files (.txt)
· Rich Text Format (.rtf)
If you have any questions about printing, contact the OIT Technology Support Center at 812-237-2910 #1 or visit the TSC, located on the lower level of Stalker Hall, Room 009..