Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Laptop Rental Program
Frequently Asked Questions
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a Laptop Rental Reservation Form is not a guarantee of availability. Supplies are limited, and reservations will be handled on a first-come first-served basis. Rental fee must be paid in full on/or before date of laptop pickup.
If you would like to purchase a Lenovo laptop at a reduced price, please visit http://www.indstate.edu/oit/students/laptoprecommend.php for details
If you are bringing your own laptop, please make certain that it meets the minimum configuration at http://www.indstate.edu/oit/students/minimum-specs.php.
Who is eligible to use the Laptop Rental Program?
Can I rent a laptop if I received a laptop scholarship award?
- Only first-time full-time freshman students are eligible to participate. A valid ID is required. Laptop scholarship recipients are not eligible.
How much does it cost to rent a laptop?
- No. Laptop scholarship recipients are not eligible to rent a laptop.
How can I pay for the rental laptop?
- The cost to rent a laptop will be $ 100.00 per semester for a used laptop; and $ 125.00 per semester for a new laptop. You may pre-pay for an entire year if you choose to do so.
Can rental fees be charged to my student account?
- All rental laptop fees must be paid for in full on/or before pickup date. Payments can be made by cash, MC/Visa, or check only.
How long is the rental period?
- No. Rental fees cannot be charged to your student account.
Is there a “rent-to-buy” option?
- Laptops can be rented per semester; or prepaid for the entire school year.
Can I turn in my used rental laptop for a new laptop rental next year?
- Yes. If you rent the same NEW laptop for 4 consecutive years…you own it! If you rent the same USED laptop for 3 consecutive years…you own it!
Are there any refunds?
If I am no longer an ISU student or if I transfer to another school can I keep renting the laptop?
- No. New laptops (depending on availability) will be offered only one time to first-time full-time incoming freshman students.
Where can I pick up my laptop rental?
- No. If you are no longer enrolled as a ISU student or you transfer to another school, the rented laptop must be returned in good working condition no later than 4pm on the last day you are enrolled as a ISU student.
At the Technology Support Center (Stalker Hall, Lower Level)
- Friday, August 18, 2017 8am - 4pm
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 9am - 4pm
- Sunday, August 20, 2017 11am - 3pm
- Monday, August 22, 2017 8am - 4pm
- After the above days, rentals can be picked up Monday - Friday, 9am - noon.