Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Student Laptop Purchase Recommendations
Indiana State University and Lenovo have partnered to identify a laptop at a great price that will meet all of your academic needs. If you wish to purchase a Lenovo Laptop, please call the ISU Technology Support Center at 812-237-2910, and select option #1.
Laptop: HP ProBook 640 G2 Notebook with Touchscreen, Intel Core i5-6200U Processor, 128GB SSD, Build-In Wireless Connectivity, Batter, AC Adapter, 14 ” LED FHD Screen, 4 Year Warranty and Accidental Damage Protection (Battery and Power Cord each have a 4 Year Warranty).
HP Discount Site for Purchases
This is the same unit that will be given to students that receive the Laptop Scholarship.
- Indiana State provides excellent support for the student laptop purchased above. Should you have a problem with it come to the Technololgy Support Center located in the basement of Stalker Hall to have it repaired (hardware or software) Laptops not purchased through the above program will only receive software service. The Technololgy Support Center cannot repair hardware issues for “other” laptops. There could be a $30 charge for software repairs to non-supported laptops.
- Indiana State provides cloud storage to students for storage of files, so if you run out of space on your hard drive, you can store files in the cloud and access them over the wireless or wired network anywhere on or off campus. Visit http://web.indstate.edu/oit/students/storage.php for instructions for storing files in your OneDrive account which is part of your Sycamores Email account.
These laptops are fully supported on campus in our Technololgy Support Center (TSC) located in the basement of Stalker Hall. Each laptop comes with a three year warranty, which covers everything except for the battery and power adapter, and an accidental damage protection plan. The battery and power adapter are covered under an industry standard one year warranty. This means in the first three years all repairs are covered under the agreement except for abuse, theft, fire and flood. The TSC will also provide full software support for the unit including putting a standard ISU student image on it. The image contains the Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office 2016 as well as antivirus and is configured to work on the ISU wireless network. If you have any trouble with the software or hardware on these laptops simply take it to the TSC and they will fix it right up! Buying one of these laptops will provide you peace of mind knowing that you will be fully supported right here on campus.
How to Purchase
If you wish to purchase a Lenovo Laptop, please call the ISU Technology Support Center at 812-237-2910, and select option #1.
What to Do After You Receive Your New Computer
- Follow manufacturer’s guidelines for basic setup and operation
- Go to: http://www.indstate.edu/oit/students/network.php for information on ISU setup for wireless access, etc. AND/OR
- Bring your new laptop to Stalker Hall 102 when you arrive in August – we will be available all during move-in weekend (and all through the semester – see above) to help you get your laptop setup to work on campus!
If You Have Questions:
Please feel free to call 812-237-8800 so that someone can help you. See our Website at http://www.indstate.edu/oit/students/scsc.php# for hours of operation.