Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Which Should I Choose, Scholarship Laptop or Apple iPad?
Students can choose between a Scholarship Laptop or Apple iPad if they meet the requirements located at http://www.indstate.edu/scholarships/freshman/laptop.
Before choosing between the Scholarship Laptop or iPad please consider the following:
- Whether you choose a laptop or iPad you cannot change your mind or exchange it later.
- The Scholarship Laptop is fully supported on campus. For additional information about laptop support see the link at the bottom of this page.
- The Scholarship iPad has very limited support on campus. For additional information about iPad support see the link at the bottom of this page.
- All students are required to have a working laptop for classes at ISU that either meets or exceeds the minimum specs at http://web.indstate.edu/oit/students/minimum-specs.php. For academic work at ISU, the iPad is not a full replacement for a laptop.
- If you have a laptop already and you are leaning toward selecting the iPad, make sure you consider the age and working condition of your current laptop:
- Will it last four years until they graduate?
- Does it have broken pieces or keys that don’t work (maybe it was accidentally dropped)?
- Does it often have errors when it boots up or shuts down?
- If your current laptop becomes unusable, can you afford to purchase a new one to replace it?
Why would I choose the Scholarship Laptop over the Apple iPad?
- ISU fully supports the Scholarship Laptop in our Technology Support Center on campus.
- It has a 3-year warranty and accidental damage protection. This means when it breaks or you accidentally drop it, ISU will fix it and provide a loaner while it is repaired during the 3 years.
- All software is already installed on the laptop (i.e. Windows, Office, antivirus, etc.).
Why would I choose the Apple iPad over the Scholarship Laptop?
- You already have a new laptop or plan to acquire one that meets or exceeds the minimum specifications at http://web.indstate.edu/oit/students/minimum-specs.php.
- Your laptop is relatively new (less than a year old), in excellent condition, and will last you until you graduate in four years.
Which to choose, the Scholarship Laptop or iPad?
We want to be very clear about this: if you already have a laptop that you are certain can last during your four years at ISU, then by all means choose the iPad. If you don’t have a laptop at all, or if you have a laptop that is older or slower or may not last for four years for some reason . . . we recommend you choose the Scholarship Laptop.
Whether you choose a laptop or iPad you cannot change your mind or exchange it later.
For information about laptop and iPad support: http://www2.indstate.edu/oit/students/index.php#computersupport.