Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Connecting Gaming Consoles to the Network
Registering My Devices
In order to connect your device or game console (X-Box, PS3, Wii, etc.) that is not capable of connecting to the ISU-SECURE Wireless network, please do the following:
- You will need the MAC address of your device. This address is often found in the device’s network settings.
- This varies by device and manufacturer but should look something like 12:23:56:78:90:AB or 12-34-56-78-90-AB. It could contain numeric digits 0-9 and / or the letters A B C D E or F.
- If your device has more than one adapter, use the one that is best suited for your setup. In the residential Facilities a Wired Connection with an Ethernet cable is preferred. If you choose, you may register both a wired and wireless adapter. However, you can only register up to 10 addresses. This includes your phones, tablets and laptops.
Once your device is connected, you may proceed to the following steps.
From a laptop or device with a web browser already connected to the ISU network. Please do the following:
- Register your device by going to the My Devices Portal website, http://mydevices.indstate.edu/ . Login with your University Username credentials.
- After logging in, enter the address you collected in step one in the “Device ID” field.
- Enter a “Description” so you can remember what the device id belongs to. i.e. “XBOX”, “SMART TV”, etc.
- Click on Submit and your device will be added to your list of registered devices.
- After you have added your device you may log out of the My Devices Portal (Top Right).
- Connect your device to the campus network, either the wireless or a wired connection in the residential facilities. It should start to work within 10 minutes or less of submitting the device id.
If you find you still cannot connect to the Internet via your device / game console you can log back into the “My Devices” portal or go to http://mydevices.indstate.edu/ and check the registration. If the registration looks correct but you still are unable to connect, you can contact the
Technology Support Center at 812-237-2910. They will need to know the type of device / gaming console (X-Box, PS3, Wii, etc) and the MAC address you registered so that it may be fully investigated. For additional help on using ISU-SECURE go to http://www.indstate.edu/oit/universal/wirelesssetup.php. For additional help with finding the MAC Address on game consoles and Smart TV’s: