Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Setting up Sycamores email on Android devices
You can set up e-mail using an ISU Sycamores Exchange account on an Android mobile phone. If you have a different phone, see Student Mobile Phone Email Setup Link. If you are having trouble connecting your device after following these steps, see “What else do I need to know?” at the end of this Help topic.
How do I set up Exchange ActiveSync on an Android mobile phone?
For most current Android devices, the instructions can be found here:
Necessary ISU Specific Information:
- Email /username = <Portal_ID>@sycamores.indstate.edu
- Domain = <leave blank>
- Server = outlook.office365.com
For older devices or android versions, these instructions may be helpful:
- From the Applications menu, select Settings.
- From the Settings menu select Accounts or Accounts and Sync
- From the Accounts or Accounts and Sync menu select
Add account button
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named
Exchange ActiveSync or Corporate on some versions of Android.
- Type your full e-mail address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
• Domain\Username Type your full e-mail address in this box. If Domain and
Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the
Domain box empty and type your full e-mail address in the
|On some versions of Android, you need to use the domain\username format. For example, if your e-mail address is email@example.com, type isuad\firstname.lastname@example.org. Your username is your full e-mail address.
- • Password Use the password that you use to access your My ISU Cloud account.
• Exchange Server Use the address of your ISU Sycamores Exchange server which is: outlook.office365.com
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options may include the following:
• Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, e-mail messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
• Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
• Notify me when email arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new e-mail message.
• Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the e-mail setup and start using your account.
What else do I need to know?
• When you use the Host name such as pod51010.outlook.com for the ISU Sycamores Exchange server name in your e-mail account settings, you should be aware that this setting may change over time. For example, the Host name for your mailbox will change if your user mailbox is moved to a different server or if it is temporarily moved during a server upgrade.
• If your Host Name has changed do the following to determine your server name.
1. Sign in to your account using ISU Sycamores Outlook Web App. (http://outlook.com)
2. On the Outlook Web App toolbar, click Help > About.
3. On the About page, under the External POP Settings line, use the Server name value to help you determine your server name:
• If the External POP Settings > Server name value is in the format podxxxxx.outlook.com, your Exchange ActiveSync server name is
m.outlook.com. In some cases, Android mobile devices may experience connection problems using m.outlook.com as the server name. If you are having problems connecting, go to the
Host name line on the About page. Use the value shown under
Server name for the Exchange ActiveSync server name for your device.