Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Purchasing a Printer
IT Procedure Issue Date: November 6, 2013
Who is Affected by this Procedure: Faculty and Staff
Why We Have this Procedure: To document the procedure for purchasing printers.
Summary of Procedure: Printers should be procured from the list of standard printers provided by Ricoh following standard purchasing practices. Exceptions must be approved.
- Faculty and staff: adhere to printer standards list for purchases as much as possible.
- Administrative staff: Use standard procurement procedures through Purchasing for printer purchases.
Procedures for purchasing standard printers:
- Review standard printer configurations: http://www.indstate.edu/oit/universal/ISU State of Indiana Printer Pricing II.pdf
- Use the information provided to enter a requisition into Banner. Vendor is Ricoh.
Note: Standard printers purchased are supported by Ricoh. The per page charge includes support and all supplies except paper.
Procedures/considerations when purchasing printers which are not standard:
- To help protect the environment the printer must allow for duplex printing.
- Buy a printer with a support contract. OIT no longer supports printers.
- Consult with Ricoh to make sure the printer you purchase meets your needs.
- Submit a requisition with appropriate quotes, etc.
- Requisitions for purchase non-standard printers will be reviewed by Purchasing and OIT, and must
be approved at the vice president or dean level. You may be asked to provide additional justification for purchase of a non-standard printer.
Cost Guidance for Purchasing a Standard Printer:
In general, the following is a list of how to print from a cost only perspective, least expensive to most expensive:
- Print to networked copier
- Print to Networked Multi Function Device or networked laser printer
- Print to local laser printer or local MFD
- Print to local inkjet printer
Although color copies generally follow the above cost sequence, the cost difference is greater when printing in color than when printing in B&W.
Costs per page are for Ricoh devices and include support and toner (Paper and purchase cost are not included)
- up to $.0065 per print B&W
- up to $.0685 per print color
- $.05 to $.075 per print B&W
- $.12 to $.18 per print color
- $.12 to $.15 per print B&W
- $.18 to $.22 per print color
Although the above are cost ranges for Ricoh printers and copiers, similar cost differences would apply to the types of equipment listed above, regardless of manufacturer. In other words, a networked copier is always the least expensive alternative when looking at the per copy cost if a networked copier is installed in the department. B&W prints are always much less expensive than color.
Volume or Specialized Print Jobs:
If you have a large document to print, or multiple copies of a smaller document, consider using the Ricoh printing center, located on campus in the HMSU Commons. Contact: email@example.com
If you have a specialty printing job requiring graphics, lamination, large format or other special print elements, contact OIT’s Multimedia Design and Multimedia Programming Services unit to see if they can complete your project.
Submit a project request here: https://isuportal.indstate.edu/StartWebApplication/cn=Parature%20OIT%20Project,ou=SW,ou=ESC,o=ISUAuth