Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
This page is designed to help new staff members get started with technology here at ISU.
Your ISU IDs
University ID: This is the number on your university ID, often referred to as your “991 number.”
Portal ID: The portal (commonly referred to as “the portal” or “MyISU”) is the environment
where you can access many different Web-based
- Various information systems that may be part of your work duties (Banner, ImageNow, Kronos, etc)
- Your personal information (e.g. personnel and payroll information)
Getting Tech Support
If you have problems with any or all of the steps below (or with any of the technology here at ISU), please don’t hesitate to call us at 812-237-2910, or to submit a support ticket.
Now, let’s get started!
These are the first steps that a new person on campus typically needs to follow to get access into our systems.
The first link below (Activating your Portal ID) will take you to where you can begin this process. You will need the following information beforehand in order to activate your Portal ID:
- Your University ID(991 number)
- Last 4 digits of your social security number
- Date of birth
You may also want to visit the ISU Password policy link to familiarize yourself with
- Activating your Portal ID
- ISU Password policy
- Default accounts you receive
These are the accounts you have access to immediately after activating your Portal ID:
- Office Communicator - An instant messaging client. It can be downloaded here.
- MyISU Cloud
- Home drive (H Drive located in My Computer) - This is a network drive with 200 MB of storage you can access. This can be increased by request.
- Need to change your name
Because your email address and Portal ID are tied to so many different permissions, applications, and functions here at the university, changing either one is no small matter. Normally this would occur in the event of marriage, legal name change, or change in a preferred name (ie. Robert to Bob).
Please contact the OIT Technology Support Center at x2910 and we will get the process started for you.
- Telephone setup
If you are having issues with your phone or need assistance in getting it set up, please contact Telco at 812-237-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org and they will address your needs as quickly as possible.
- New staff computer request
- How to access your email
You can access your email account in two different ways:
- Webmail - In any browser go to webmail.indstate.edu and enter your Portal ID and password.
- Microsoft Outlook client - Your ISU issued computer can be configured to use Outlook to access your email. Contact the Technology Support Center at x2910 to get the process started.
- Using mobile devices
- Wireless access on campus
Getting wireless setup on your ISU issued machine you can do the following:
- Contact the Technology Support Center at x2910 and we can send someone to your office to assist you.
- If you want to try and set it up yourself you can go to http://www.indstate.edu/oit/staff/wirelesssetup.php and follow the instructions for your operating system.
The links below take you to information on technology resources here at ISU that you may need. If you don’t see a service below, please don’t hesitate to call the Technology Support Center or submit a ticket to ask how or where we provide it!
OR . . .check our knowledge base for information and help with many of your technology support questions:
Now that you are ready to go, we realize that at some point you may have a problem or need to change something.
Following are some links you may need in the future. These can also be found through our OIT Website, in the page we devote to technology support for staff:
Other information you may need from time to time: