Technology Support Center
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
12:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
For business: 812-237-4183
To report a problem: 812-237-8000
Voice Mail Help: 237-3038
(while school is in session)
10am-9pm Sat and Sunday
(when school is not in session)
Classroom and Event Technology Support
M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
Classroom Support Hotline:
(Black Phone connected to podium)
M-Th 7:30am to 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Frequently Asked Questions for Minimum Password Requirement
Mobile Device/Secondary System Notice:
If you use a secondary system, such as a mobile device, to access ISU resources that use the portal ID and password, please remember to it turn off or disable the system prior to setting a new password and remember to change your password on the secondary system before enabling it. Failing to do so may cause your account to be locked due to invalid login attempts with your old password. If you need assistance please contact the OIT Technology Support Center: 812-237-2910 or by email at IT-Help@indstate.edu.
- What are the minimum requirements for strong passwords?
· Password minimum length is 8 characters (maximum of 16 characters)
· Password must contain at least one numeric character
· Password must contain at least one uppercase character
· Password must contain at least one lowercase character
· Password must be changed every 180 days
- Where do I change my password?
Click on this link for instructions: http://www.indstate.edu/oit/staff/myisuclouddoc.php
- What applications does this password sync to?
ISUPortal (including Banner Self Service), Exchange (email), Sharepoint, Blackboard, Endpoint Encryption, Wireless, Kronos, ImageNow, Talisma, and the library EZ Proxy System. Banner and Argos are not affected.
- What happens if I can’t remember my password after I change it?
To change your password, go to the Portal (https://myisu.indstate.edu) and select the "Forgot/Change Your Password?" under the login box. You will be asked to answer your secret questions after entering your Sycamore Login and then you can change your password. If you cannot remember your answers or have not input your secret questions and answers, you will need to contact the Technology Support Center at x2910.
- What happens if I enter my password wrong five times in a row?
Your accounts will be locked and you will need to contact the Technology Support Center at 812-237-2910. Or you can wait 20 minutes and your account will automatically unlock.
- How often do I have to change my password?
You will be prompted to change your password every 180 days.
- What happens if I do not change my password after 180 days?
You will be able to login at least one additional time (grace login) and then you will be unable to login. You can use the “Forgot/Change Your Password” link. If this does not work, contact the Technology Support Center at 812-237-2910.
- Do I have to use a special character?
No. You can only use a few of special characters due to incompatibilities with ISU internal systems. You should not use Space # ~ ^ *? , : ; | " < >@$& () <>' =
- Can my password contain my username?
No. You cannot include your username as part of your password.