March 10, 2016
Congressional, government and industry leaders will discuss ramifications that the upcoming presidential election could have on insurance regulation at the 12th annual Networks Financial Institute Insurance Public Policy Summit on March 17.
Organized by Indiana State University's Networks Financial Institute in the Scott College of Business with support from Faegre Baker Daniels and FaegreBD Consulting, the summit is themed Decision 2016: The Impact on Insurance Regulation.
"As we move closer to decision 2016, it was important to incorporate the political climate and the effect the result will have on the future of the insurance industry," said Rebecca Wray, director of Networks Financial Institute. "Attendees will benefit from the summit by hearing first-hand from Members of Congress, key Congressional staff, federal and state regulators, and industry leaders on how they anticipate decision 2016 will impact insurance regulation."
The summit will run 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on the 8th floor of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. It is free and open to the public.
Topics and speakers will include:
• Decision 2016: The Impact on Insurance Regulation - Hon. Barney Frank, former Chairman (D-Mass.) of the House Financial Services Committee; Hon. Tim Pawlenty, President and CEO, Financial Services Roundtable and former Governor (R) of Minnesota; Scott M. Kosnoff, Moderator, FaegreBD
• View from the Senate and House - Sen. Ben E. Sasse (R-NE), Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO), Chairman, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance of House Financial Services Committee
• Cyber data breach policy discussion - Nicholas A. Rossi, Staff Director, Senate Commerce Committee; Milan V. Dalal, Ssenior Economic Advisor for Sen. Warner (D-VA), Banking Committee; Paul J. Nagle Chief Counsel for Rep. Upton (R-MI), Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade; and Kathleen B. Rice, Moderator, FaegreBD
• Federal Insurance Office, Federal Reserve and Office of Financial Research - Michael T. McRaith, Director, Federal Insurance Office
• Federal Reserve - Thomas R. Sullivan, Associate Director, Division of Supervision and Regulation, Board of Governors, Federal Reserve System
• National Association of Insurance Commissioners - John M. Huff, MO Insurance Director and NAIC President
• Panel discussion with industry perspectives - Charles M. Chamness, President and CEO, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies; Peter G. Gallanis, President, National Organization of Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Associations; Gov. Dirk A. Kempthorne, President and CEO, American Council of Life Insurers; David A. Sampson, President and CEO, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America; and Patrick D. Hughes, Moderator, FaegreBD
• Value of public service for business objectives - Reza Houston, NFI Director of Research and Assistant Professor, Indiana State University
Eight Indiana State students have been invited to the summit, including a student who will speak about the Networks Professional Development Program and how their experience at Indiana State and the Scott College of Business has impacted their academic career.
"This opportunity gives the students real-world experience and networking with insurance and financial services industry leaders. Students also participate in a tour of the Capitol and meet with Congressional leaders," Wray said.
The evening prior to the summit, Indiana State President Dan Bradley and First Lady Cheri Bradley, along with the Indiana State University Alumni Association, Scott College of Business and Networks Financial Institute, will host an alumni reception at the City Club of Washington.
More information on the 2016 Insurance Public Policy Summit, including registration, is available at http://www.indstate.edu/business/NFI/12AIPPS.
Contact: Rebecca Wray, director, Networks Financial Institute, Indiana State University, email@example.com
Writer: Betsy Simon, media relations assistant director, Office of Communications and Marketing, Indiana State University, 812-237-7972 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The 12th annual Networks Financial Institute Insurance Public Policy Summit on March 17 is organized by Indiana State's Networks Financial Institute in the Scott College of Business with support from Faegre Baker Daniels and FaegreBD Consulting,