May 14, 2008
Named to the council were Kevin Kelly of Zionsville, Ind., regional vice president of State Auto Insurance, and Mike Vaught of Venice, Fla., senior vice president of sales with Zurich North America Commercial, Schaumburg, Ill.
Kelly is a 23-year industry veteran, who is based at the Indianapolis regional office of Columbus, Ohio-based State Auto. He is responsible for the sales and profitability of property and casualty business in Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin. He holds a bachelorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree in finance from Eastern Illinois University.
An Indiana State alumnus whose career in the insurance industry began in 1981, Vaught is responsible for leading existing strategic relationships and identifying additional opportunities to capitalize Zurich's product offerings with banks and emerging agency network affiliations.
The 23-member Insurance Advisory Council serves as a liaison with the insurance and financial community. Members seek to provide information, promote cooperation and goodwill, and secure support for the universityÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s insurance and risk management program.
The council strives to bring about a better understanding and appreciation of the insurance industry and its contribution to society and the economy; provide resources and opportunities for students and faculty; assist in developing seminars, forums and conferences; and encourage professional competence and high ethical standards for the industry.
The insurance and risk management program is part of Indiana StateÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s financial services curriculum, designated by the university in 2007 as one of only two Programs of National Distinction. The designation is in conjunction with a $1.75 million initiative, funded in part by a $1 million grant from the Lilly Endowment, aimed at strengthening ISU programs with national or regional reputations for quality, and building programs that have the potential to achieve that status.
Other industry members of the ISU Insurance Advisory Council are:
* John Boss III, resident managing director, Aon Corp., Indianapolis
* Larry Bruce, agent, Larry Bruce Insurance Agency, Indianapolis
* Patrick Carney, vice president, employee benefits division, Old National Insurance, Terre Haute
* Valerie Clinton, vice president, operations, State Farm Companies, West Lafayette
* Anne Duncan, vice president, marketing, Arlington/Roe & Co. Inc.
* Brian Fitzpatrick, executive director, Farmers Insurance Group, Indianapolis
* Jim Huscroft, state claims manager, Progressive Insurance Co., Indianapolis
* John Kissling Jr., Indiana Department of Insurance, Indianapolis
* Dan Kugler, director, corporate risk management, Snap-on Tools, Kenosha, Wis.
* Gary Kupec, president, Corporate Insurance Consultants Inc., Indianapolis
* Timothy Leman, chief growth officer, Gibson Insurance Group, South Bend
* Charles Lingenfelter, senior consultant, vice president, Wilson Partners LLC, Troy, Mich.
* Michael Lopeman, division vice president, Artex Risk Solutions Inc., Itasca, Ill.
* John Lukens, president and CEO, Forrest-Sherer Inc., Terre Haute
* Constance Lund, senior vice president, corporate finance, OneAmerica Financial Partners, Indianapolis
* Daniel Madej, Guy Carpenter & Co. Inc., Chicago
* Tim Makowski, president, Benchmark Management Group, Naperville, Ill.
* Ronald Rich, financial representative, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, Terre Haute
* John Robinson, chief marketing officer, Old National Insurance, Indianapolis
* Roger Ronk, executive vice president, Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana, Indianapolis
* Alan Toth, president and CEO, Transportation Risk Services LLC, Barrington, Ill.
Contact: Terrie Troxel, professor of insurance and risk management and executive director, Gongaware Center, College of Business, Indiana State University, 812-237-2028 or email@example.com
Writer: Dave Taylor, media relations director, Indiana State University, 812-237-3743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Kelly of Zionsville, Ind., regional vice president of State Auto Insurance, and Mike Vaught of Venice, Fla., senior vice president of sales with Zurich North America Commercial of Shaumburg, Ill. have been named to the Insurance Advisory Council of the Indiana State University College of Business.