March 28, 2013
I would like to extend a special invitation to you to join an organization that is unique in that faculty, staff, and students of ISU become members. Omicron Delta Kappa is a National Leadership Honor Society founded December 3, 1914 at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia by 15 student and faculty leaders. The founders formulated the idea that leadership of exceptional quality and versatility in college should be recognized, that representatives in all phases of college life should cooperate in worthwhile endeavors, and that outstanding students, faculty, and administrators should meet on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness. OΔK® was the first college honor society of a national scope to give recognition and honor for meritorious leadership and service in extracurricular activities and to encourage development of general campus citizenship. Since its founding, Omicron Delta Kappa has initiated over 300,000 members.
The Society recognizes achievement in the following five areas:
• Campus/ Community Service, Social/Religious Activities, and Campus Government
• Journalism, Speech and the Mass Media
• Creative and Performing Arts
All faculty and staff members are eligible for membership!
1. 3.0 GPA
2. Junior or above
3. Good Academic Standing
In order to be an ODK member -
1. Apply online from this link - http://odk.org/audience/prospective_members/membership_application_form
2. ODK life time membership fee of $100 is due on or before Friday, March 29th, 2013.
3. You can take your payment to Elonda Ervin in Rankin 426 or any officer listed below.
4. Checks should be made out to: ISU Omicron Delta Kappa. This fee covers your national membership dues, pin, and ODK polo.
5. Once Steps 1 and 2 are completed, our Circle Adviser will add you to the list of National ODK members and your ODK gear will be ordered.
6. Your Initiation Class will be held on April 11, 2013. The time and location will be provided.Any questions and follow-ups are encouraged.