Music Now Contest
Call for Scores
Application deadline: June 1, 2015
The Indiana State University School of Music invites the submission of solo/chamber scores for its 49th Contemporary Music Festival on October 21-23, 2015. Principal festival guests include composer Carter Pann and The Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra. Compositions selected from this Call for Scores will be presented at the Music Now concert on Friday, October 23, 2015.
- Composers must be US citizens or US residents.
- Composers may submit one score only.
- Submissions must be original compositions, not arrangements.
- Works must be solo or chamber music compositions (1-6 performers).
- Compositions must have been written since 2000.
- Selected composers are required to attend the performance of their compositions at their own expense.
- Composers should secure their own performers if at all possible. Every effort to find local performers will be made. Pieces submitted may be disqualified if performers are not available.
- Completed Online Application Form.
- One full score (please omit name of composer) submitted electronically.
- A corresponding recording with title of composition (please omit name of composer) submitted electronically. MIDI realizations, mp3, m4a, and wav files are all acceptable.
Method of score and recording submission:
- Electronic documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as shared file links via Dropbox / Google Drive or through the use of Hightail.com (formerly YouSendIt). Complete instructions for submitting files can be found HERE.
Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be submitted no later than June 1, 2015. Entrants will be notified of the results of the Call for Scores by August 1, 2015.
Click here to download this call for scores as a pdf.
Dr. Paul Bro, Music Now Concert Coordinator