Mentoring Assistance Program
The program is geared towards the retention historically under represented people who have a willingness to work and are enrolled
in at least 12 credit hours.
- The program operates on a first come first serve basis.
- Are in good standing with the university.
- Has completed one semester in a university or college setting.
- Has a minimum GPA of at least a 2.3.
- Have willingness to work.
- Can balance a class load and a minimum of 8 hours of work a week.
- Can work well with others.
- AND FINALLY IS COMMITTED TO THE ONGOING IMPROVEMENT OF SELF.
A commitment to interact with their mentee at a minimum of two hours week.
This may include, but is not limited to
- E-mails, Phone calls, or notes
- Staff meetings
- Time outside office atmosphere
- A willingness to serve as a professional role model to our students.
- A commitment to be consistent, and dependable in the life of the student mentee.
- A willingness to provide guidance, and constructive criticism to our student mentees.
- Patience, excellent listening skills, and concern for young people.
- Completion of the mentor, orientation within one year of joining program.