Mentoring Assistance Program
To support and increase minority student retention through meaningful mentoring relationships with university professionals, and a
nurturing environment that allows for further career exploration, and financial gain.
This is achieved by offering students :
- The opportunity to work along side, and learn from seasoned professionals in their field of expertise.
- Opportunity to acquire networking skills through interaction with colleagues
for their mentor, in their department.
- Empowerment and confidence building through a ongoing celebration of diversity and cultural awareness.
- Guidance for academic & professional success workshops ( the GAPS initiative ) throughout the academic year.
- A sense of pride and solidarity though recognition ceremonies, mentor/scholar social gatherings, and posted achievements of our MAPS students in our weekly scholars newsletter.