Whenever F-1 students wish to leave the United States temporarily and return to continue studies at the institution in which they are enrolled, they must secure the necessary documents to permit re-entry to the United States.

In order to reenter the United States after a temporary absence of 5 months or less, an F-1 student should have the following documents:

Customs Border Protection also recommends that students have with them:

Click here to download the request for travel signature form.