Many life events require you to make changes to your personal records. You may need to change your name or address or designate a new beneficiary. The following outlines steps to consider when you have a “life event” and want to change your personal records.
If you have any questions, call Staff Benefits Office at 237-4151 or 237-4150. You can also obtain information about your benefits online at the Human Resources / Staff Benefits web site through http://www.indstate.edu/humres/staff-benefits/.
1. Notify Human Resources / Staff Benefits Office. Complete the change of address form and send to Human Resources. You may stop by our office or you can email your change to mailto:Nancy.Hauger@indstate.edu The university’s information on Banner system will be changed. The Staff Benefits Office will change your address with your health, dental and prescription drug card carriers.
2. Complete an address change form for your retirement plan or you can change your address online.
3. Beneficiary change form for Life insurance or Retirement programs should be completed if your address change also affects your beneficiary’s addresses.
4. Complete a new State tax form if you move to a different county. (WH-4 for state taxes is available from the payroll office.)
1. Notify Human Resources / Staff Benefits Office.
2. Complete a new beneficiary change form for Life and/or Retirement if applicable.
3. If spouse (or any other new eligible dependents) is to be added to your health, dental, and prescription drug card plan, complete an enrollment form as soon as possible, but no later than 31 days after your marriage and send the completed form to Staff Benefits. (You will need a copy of the marriage certificate. and/or birth certificates for other new eligible dependents) If change request is not made within the first 31 days, you will not be eligible to add your spouse or new dependent to our coverage until the next open enrollment in November for a January 1st of the following year effective date.
4. If spouse is to be added to your existing Vision plan Complete the Vision application and return to Staff Benefits as soon as possible, but no later than 31 days after your marriage.
5. If you wish to add your spouse to your Voluntary Life plan, complete an enrollment form for the Voluntary Life plan.
6. If you want to change your income tax withholding amount, complete an Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4 form for federal taxes and WH-4 for state taxes). Forms are available from your Payroll office.
7. If Your Name Changes – Contact the local Social Security Administration office to change your name on your Social Security card and records. You will need to complete the Name Change Form and return the completed form to Human Resources along with a copy of the corrected social security card to change employment records .
1. Notify Human Resources / Staff Benefits Office at 237-4150 or237-8082 if your marital status changes.
2. Complete the medical application to delete your spouse and /or dependents from your health, dental and prescription drug card plan. Make any benefit changes within 31 days of your divorce, legal annulment or legal separation.
3. Complete the Vision application to delete your spouse and/or dependents from your vision coverage.
4. Delete Dependent Voluntary Life Coverage for your spouse and/or children.
5. Consider changing beneficiary for your life coverage and retirement program. Complete change of beneficiary forms if appropriate.
7. If Your Name Changes – Contact the local Social Security Administration office to change your name on your Social Security card and records. You will need to complete the change of name form and return it to Humana Resources along with a copy of the corrected social security card and a copy of your marriage license to change employment records.
1. Talk to your supervisor and/ or Human Resources if you would like to arrange a leave of absence.
2. You may be eligible under the Family Medical Leave Act. Request application and information from Human Resources / Staff Benefits Office at 237-4117.
3. If you want to add your child to your health, dental and prescription drug card plan, complete an enrollment form as soon as possible, but no later than 31 days of the birth, adoption or placement for adoption. If you do not add your child in the first 31 days, you may not be eligible to add your child to the coverage until Open Enrollment in November for a January 1st of the following year effective date.
4. Consider enrolling your child for voluntary life coverage.
5. Consider updating your beneficiary designation for your life insurance and retirement program and complete the forms provided by the Staff Benefits Office.
6. Consider enrolling your child in the vision plan.
7. Complete an Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4 form for federal taxes and WH-4 for state taxes) if you want to change your income tax withholding amount. Forms are available from the Payroll office or Human Resources Staff Benefits Office.
1. Health Coverage will end December 31st of the year the child turns 26 unless the dependent becomes eligible for coverage through a group health plan earlier. Contact the Staff Benefits office and complete an enrollment form to delete your dependent child from the health coverage if they become eligible for group health coverage with another employer. Coverage will be deleted effective with the date the other coverage begins. Once notified, your child will be removed from your coverage and be offered coverage under the COBRA plan.
2. Voluntary Life Coverage will cover dependent children through age 21 or through age 25 if full-time student. Children must be unmarried and living in your home. Dependents who are full-time members of the armed forces are not eligible for coverage. Notify Human Resources / Staff Benefits office in writing if your dependent child gets married; is 21 or older and not a full-time student or the end of the year when the child is 25 years old or joins the armed forces full-time. Coverage will be terminated.
3. Complete an Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4 from for federal and WH-4 for state) if you want to change your income tax withholding amount. Forms are available from the Payroll department, online..