Honors Course conversion

converting a class to honors

Honors students who are completing the Honors in the Major and/or Foundational Studies elective concentration may choose to convert classes for Honors credit. Honors Conversion entails a contract between an individual student, an instructor, and the Honors Program to determine a suitable enhancement to course content that justifies Honors credit for that class. For example, a student enrolled in ENG 339: Women’s Poetry might convert that class to ENG 339H through the addition of an assignment(s) or project(s) that raise the level of challenge of the course.


Please follow these instructions to convert a class to Honors:

1. The student should decide which course she/he wants to convert. It is highly recommended that the class is an upper level (300 or 400) class.

2. The student should contact and meet with the professor to discuss a possible Honors component of the course.

3. A brief statement should be prepared discussing the Honors project the student will be doing, the assignments involved in the
    project, and the criteria for evaluation upon which the student and the professor have agreed.

4. Complete the Conversion form and obtain the necessary signatures. Completed forms should be submitted to the University
    Honors Program Office. 

information for faculty

Honors Course Conversion Information for Faculty (PDF)

Conversion Forms

Conversion forms are available in the University Honors Program office in Pickerl Hall 110. They can also be printed here:

Download a Conversion Form (.doc)

due date for The Current Semester

Honors Conversion forms for Spring 2015 are due to Pickerl Hall 110 by 4:30pm on Friday, February 6, 2015.

Please contact the University Honors Program at 812-237-3225 with any questions.