Contemporary Geographic Thought:
A Reading Group
- To prepare students with a foundation in contemporary geographic thought
with a specific focus on critical human geography and the literature's
relationship to the wider discipline;
- To introduce students to key works written since 1980;
- To provide students with an opportunity to prepare a literature review;
- To challenge students to identify future trajectories within contemporary
geographic thought; and
- To provide students with the historical and philosophical context that
has led to the discipline's increasingly diverse perspectives and emerging geographies.
Students participating in this reading group are encouraged to enroll
in either GEOG 490/590, GEOG 613 or a similar class to obtain appropriate
credits (if applicable).