- Know what's going on. Sign up for free RAVE text messages.
- Park in well-lit and well-traveled areas.
- Travel only on well-lit streets, and avoid narrow walkways between buildings.
- Walk with another person whenever possible.
- If you plan to party, be responsible, stay with friends, and know your limits.
- Park vehicles in University parking lots, keep all articles out of sight in vehicles, lock your vehicle, and make sure all windows are closed.
- The Blue Light Phone System provides a direct link to University Police and to 911 services. There are 30 Blue Light locations across campus.
For locations, refer to this campus map.
- Safe escort service is available 24/7 by calling University Police at 237-5555.
- For lockouts, battery jumps, and motorist assistance call University Police at 237-5555.
- Lock your doors whenever you leave your residence hall room or University office.
- Do not keep a large amount of cash in your room or office.
- Use ATMs located inside University buildings.
- Do not loan your key to anyone, and immediately report lost or stolen keys.
- In the event of tornado/severe weather, take refuge, stay away from windows, and go to interior halls of lower levels.
- When a fire alarm sounds, walk quickly to the nearest exit, alert others to do the same, and do not try to extinguish the fire. Get out!
- Report all crime, emergencies, and suspicious activity to the University Police (237-5555) or appropriate law enforcement agency in a prompt and timely manner.
- To anonymously report criminal activity on campus, please use
our silent witness reporting.
Please note that crime alerts are circulated via global email, MyISU Portal email, RAVE, the University Police Web site, the Statesman, and local
media whenever a crime occurs that presents a threat to the University community. Crime logs are published
Monday through Friday, and are available for viewing on the University Police Web site.
For further safety information, services, and resources, visit University Police.
210 North 6th Street
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809