Change Programs or Specializations

Graduate Students who wish to change programs or specializations should consult with their current academic advisors. Normally, students must be in good standing to make a change. To initiate a change, graduate students must print and complete this application for change in program/specialization or advisor and obtain the required signatures.


  • International students should contact an immigration advisor in the University's Office of International Programs and Services regarding changes in their academic programs and possible impact on student visa and immigration status.
  • Financial aid recipients should contact the University's Office of Student Financial Aid regarding changes in their academic programs and possible impact on financial aid.
  • Veterans Benefits: Students receiving educational benefits through Veterans Affairs must report any change in program or major. For instructions, see veterans services.

Last updated: 27 July 2016

The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.

Related Links


College of Graduate and Professional Studies
Indiana State University
Gillum Hall, 2nd Floor
217 North 6th Street
Terre Haute, IN, 47809
812-237-8060 (fax)