IIIA. Quantitative Literacy
- Student who have an SAT Math score of 650 or above (or the ACT equivalent) have met the Quantitative Literacy requirement.
- Students must have an SAT Math score of 430 or above (or the ACT equivalent) to place directly in the Quantitative Literacy course.
- Students with an SAT Math score below a 430 (or the ACT equivalent) must take a math placement test before enrolling in a Quantitative Literacy. Students who earn a Maple TA score of 7 or above may enroll directly into MATH 102.
- One Quantitative Literacy course (select from ECON 101, FIN 108, or MATH 102) or,
- SAT Math score of 650 or above (or an ACT Math score of 27 or
- Solve for one or more unknowns from available information using appropriate methods.
- Represent and solve real-world problems employing appropriate mathematical models.
- Answer questions using empirical methods, and
- Critically evaluate a quantitatively-based argument.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
Back to Top