Time: 3:15 p.m.
Place: Hulman Memorial Student Union 227
Present: Chairperson H. Hudson, Vice Chair S. Lamb, Secretary Sr. A. Anderson
S. Davis, J. Harper, N. Lawrence, R. Schneirov, V. Sheets, J. Tenerelli
Ex-Officio: J. Maynard
Visitor: E. Warner
I. Administrative Report
1) reported that the enrollment figures have literally gone to press, and described major steps already being undertaken to increase Fall 2004 enrollment.
2) stated that the national search for Director of Financial Aid will be starting up soon.
3) indicated that a review of current financial aid operations by a consultant through the Financial Aid National Association is under consideration.
II. Chair Report
1) conveyed that Standing Committee slates have been adjusted for vacancies and that a current roster would be sent to the Committee.
III. Fifteen Minute Open Discussion
1)The status of special purpose faculty input was requested.
2)Interest was expressed in the status of SCHs. It was noted that present SCH guidelines and integration had not received faculty governance review.
3)Issues of enrollment services and financial aid were discussed.
IV. Approval of the Minutes
Minutes of the August 26 meeting were approved. (Lawrence, Tenerelli 8-0-1)
V. Committee Actions
1) Discussed nominees for ITAC representation but tabled until the next meeting. (Davis, Harper 5-3-1)
2) FAC Recommendation: Family Friendly Tenure Clock: After lengthy discussion, accepted the recommendation to send to the Senate for consideration at the October 23rd meeting to allow for discussion with department chairs and deans. (Sheets, Lamb 5-0-3)
3) Recommendation to the Provost that he select two faculty from the faculty serving on the Financial Aid Committee for service on the Director of Financial Aid Search Committee. (Lamb, Sheets 5-1-2)
The meeting adjourned at 5:47 p.m.