What can I do to conserve energy?
- Turn lights off when you're not in the room and use daylight instead of electrical lighting whenever possible
- Use energy efficient light bulbs
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible
- Turn off computers in the evening; during the day, use your computer's standby and hibernate modes instead of screen savers
- Plug appliances with phantom loads (TV's, DVD and VHS players, computers, printers, stereos, CD players, video game systems,
iPod and cell phone chargers, etc.) into a surge protector and switch it off when not in use. (A phantom load is wasted
energy that is created by electrical devices while they are turned off.)
Want to know more?
Follow the links below to find out more about energy conservation: