zhiyong (john) liu
Associate Professor, Insurance & Risk Management
- B.A.: Economics, Wuhan University, 1993
- M.A.: Economics, Peking University, 1996
- Ph.D.: Managerial Economics & Strategy, Kellogg School of
Management, Northwestern University, 2005
- Assistant Professor of Risk Management & Insurance, Georgia State University,
- Teaching Assistant, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, 2000-2004;
- Lecturer of Economics, Tsinghua University, 1996-1998;
- Risk management and insurance
- Law and economics
- "Ex Ante versus Ex Post Expectation Damages," with Ronen Avraham,
International Review of Law and Economics, December 2012,
Volume 32, Issue 4, Lead Article, Page 339-355.
- "Abuse of Market Dominance under China’s 2007 Anti-monopoly Law: A Preliminary
Assessment" (with Yue Qiao), Review of Industrial Organization
August 2012, Volume 41, Issues 1-2, Pgs. 77-107.
- "Private Information and the Option to Not Sue: A Re-evaluation of Contract R
emedies" (with Ronen Avraham), forthcoming 28(1), Journal of Law,
Economics, & Organization April 2012, Volume 28, Issue 1, Pgs. 77-102.
- "Incomplete Contracts with Asymmetric Information: Exclusive versus Optional
Remedies" (with Ronen Avraham), American Law and Economics
Review Fall 2006, Volume 8, Issue 3, Pgs. 523-561.
- "Increased Hurricane Risk and Insurance Market Responses" (with Martin Grace and
Robert Klein), Journal of Insurance Regulation Winter 2005, Volume
24, Issue 2, Pgs. 3-32.
- "Stackelberg Leadership with Demand Uncertainty," Managerial and
Decision Economics July 2005, Volume 26, Pgs. 345-350.
- "Product Market Competition and Corporate Demand for
Insurance," with Hae Won Jung.
- "Multimarket Exit, Strategic Merger and Collusion,"
revise and resubmit.
grants and awards
- Research Initiation Grant, Georgia
State University, 2009-2010
- Robinson College of Business Summer
Research Grant, 2006, 2007, 2008